What is the value of learning about poetry, and is it important? The value of learning poetry is that i get to relate to how a poet feels. Or interpret it into my own meaning and grow as my own person. Do i think poetry is important? I don't really care for poetry itself but if i can relate to the poem then yes, i enjoy it more. If its hard for me to understand then i really don't enjoy it. DO i feel the importance of it being taught in school? Well if it isn't taught in school then i don't feel people would take the time to learn about it on there own unless they really liked it.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Poetry and it's importance
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you about poetry being easier to enjoy if you can relate to it. I think poetry is more enjoyable when I can connect to it emotionally and interpret it my own way. Even though I might not be able to connect to all the poems I read, they are still important because reading poetry helps with understanding the feelings of other people which is an important skill to have in life. It is important that we are taught poetry in school because otherwise it would be even harder to understand. Learning about poetry in school has made it easier for me to understand poetry more over the years.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about most of your points in your post. I agree that if I am able to relate to a poem I like it a lot more.I don't really care for poetry myself just like you but I have to agree that it should be taught in school because it helps us understand the English language and understand figurative language. Another point I agree with is the point about it being taught in school makes people dislike it more that they would if it wasn't taught in school. i personally dislike poetry because it is taught in school and we have to analyze it instead of just enjoying what was written.
ReplyDelete